Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Together at last!

Even ready to pumpkinate and with I concentration at low ebb, I noticed this item in my rss reader. It grabbed me, brought me back to life. The piece deserves better and more intelligent comment than I can manage just now. On the other hand I have to post this one before I forget about it, lose tracking of watching it and especially bringing it the attention of our own corner of the precariat. Can use this? Could it be an answer to similar questions plaguing New Faculty Majority?

"Here’s one to watch. Down in New Zealand, a country with an unusually cohesive (though struggling) union movement, affiliates of the national union federation have launched an innovative thing called “Together“. We’re calling it a thing because it doesn’t really fit into any of the usual drawers. It’s not a union, not an NGO, not an organisation, not a network, not an association, club, sect, faction, fraction, tendency or movement. What it is, above all else, is a potential solution to several of the quandaries that unions have been trying to solve for at least 10 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment

pull up a soapbox and share your 2¢

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...